About BP Freight
BP Freight is an expedited motor carrier company established in 2016 headquartered out of Hollywood, FL focused on picking up and delivering long distance freight throughout the lower 48 contiguous United States. BP Freight specializes in both refrigerated and dry freight.
BP Freight is hiring for the position of Fleet Manager who will oversee activities regarding tracking, inventory, record keeping, maintenance, and DOT compliance for all equipment associated with BP Freight operations. In this role as the Fleet Manager you will be responsible for managing the trucks, trailers and all other equipment related to the Fleet. Fleet Manager will be accountable for timely development of procedures to track all maintenance, unscheduled repairs, and DOT inspections. Fleet Manager will ensure that trucks and trailers are in good working condition and ready to go ‘on the road’ when its time for them to go to work. In addition, Fleet Manager will also work with drivers to assist them with truck breakdowns and other over the road (OTR) issues related to the equipment. The position requires a strong working knowledge of DOT regulations and requirements to reduce potential exposures for the Company. This position also requires a strong working relationship and communication with all BP Freight managers to facilitate a positive and successful communication between the Fleet Department and Operations. It is especially important that the person in this role is aware and comfortable with the fact they will be ON CALL after business hours in order to support drivers when a truck breaks down or other related issues arise.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
– Truck Breakdown Management
– Inspects and reports on equipment condition as needed
– Maintains all maintenance records on all equipment
– Must have a valid Class A CDL
– Previous truck driving experience preferable
– Prior equipment and/or fleet management is required. Experience of at least 2 years is preferred
– An ability to work in various temperatures and terrains, for long hours in all weather conditions
– Flexibility in Scheduling, available to work weekends and to be ” ON CALL”
– Reliable form of transportation
– Compliance with DOT, and other Federal, State and local regulations
– Ability to meet deadlines, perform under stress and achieve optimum results
This is an independent contracted role which will be paid via 1099.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $42,000.00 – $52,000.00 per year